The 2018 BC Library Conference theme is Work + Culture. This theme urges an examination of the connections between work environments, institutional cultures, and communities; an inquiry of how cultures can impact, clash, and complement each other and inform society as a whole.
Collaboration, inclusion, innovation – we include these words in job descriptions and library values and mission statements, but how well do we practice these values? Do our organizational structures and cultures foster or hinder these goals? How do we – as individuals, institutions, and organizations – determine and define our culture and our values? And how does our culture affect our work and profession?
Are our values changing? And if so, what are they becoming? How do changes in our values and culture affect the concept of “library” and the work that we perform? Understanding the culture of our institutions helps us understand the role of the library in our rapidly changing society and helps us understand the impact of our work.
- Registration ends on April 25th! REGISTER NOW
- Accommodation group rates available until April 12th or sold out
- Announcing our 3 Keynote Speakers for the 2018 BC Library Conference
- Announcing our 2018 Conference Program
- The 2018 Trade Show is now SOLD OUT – contact our Conference Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waiting list
- Sponsorship opportunities are still available