Call for Proposals
The Call for Proposals is now closed – deadline to submit a proposal was December 4th, 2018. The program will be announced in January, 2019.
The libraries and services we design help shape the future of our communities and our society. The 2019 BC Library Conference theme “The Future by Design” invites the library community to explore the intentionality of our work and apply the tools of design thinking to our practice. “The Future by Design” imagines where our libraries might be headed and the paths we might take to get there. It encourages creative new ideas, prototyping, experimentation and testing. Help us examine forward-thinking ways to evolve our libraries as we continue to serve our communities and design our future.
The 2019 conference theme encourages session proposals that:
• Demonstrate design thinking through ideation, prototyping and evaluation
• Encourage creative experimentation and risk-taking
• Present powerful examples of what libraries do now as launch pads for future work
• Explore ways data can create meaning and guide decisions
• Discuss transformative ideas, programs and services
• Explore and apply systems thinking
• Present intentionally multidisciplinary or interdisciplinary approaches to library programming and services
The 2019 BC Library Conference Committee especially encourages first time and early-career presenters to submit proposals for the conference program. New and diverse voices ensure that we build a vibrant and inclusive conference open to new ideas and perspectives.
The Conference Planning Committee also invites proposals from people with deep and varied experiences in libraries, and from people whose career backgrounds, while not necessarily in libraries, intersect with library values, principles and social commitment.
BC’s libraries are in rural and urban communities and it is essential that 2019 BC Library Conference includes rural and urban perspectives. The Conference Planning Committee encourages rural libraries to submit proposals so that we all benefit from hearing about the successes, challenges and creativity in all our libraries.