Welcome to the Young Adult and Children’s Section (YAACS)!
YAACS (Young Adults and Children’s Services) is a section of the British Columbia Library Association. Our purpose is to support library staff in the provision of high-quality library services to children, youth, and families in BC.
Our members include librarians, teacher-librarians, and other library workers interested in services to youth in British Columbia.
Executive Members 2019-20
- Chair: Julia McKnight
- Vice Chair: Patricia Lesku
- Past Chair: Kate Longley
- Secretary: Sarah Harrison
- YAACING Editors:
- Continuing Education Coordinators – Lower Mainland:
- Continuing Education Coordinator – Vancouver Island:
- Continuing Education Coordinator – Kootenays
- Continuing Education Coordinators – Teen – Lower Mainland
- Continuing Education Liaison (BCLA):
- YAACS Award: Sarah Tarcea
- BCTLA/BCTF Representative:
- Vancouver Island Representative: Colleen Nelson
- SLAIS Liaisons:
- Website and Social Media Administrator: Brooklyn Cribdon
BCLA E-Mail Lists