Welcome to The Intellectual Freedom Committee (IFC)!
Intellectual Freedom is the right to read, view, hear, express, and discuss any idea on any subject. The Committee works to uphold these principles in our libraries through:
- facilitating conversations about what intellectual freedom means to library workers in British Columbia
- publishing educational materials
- organizing conference sessions and workshops
- organizing and participating in public events to raise awareness of intellectual freedom issues
- supporting librarians, trustees and library staff facing individual challenges
Our terms of reference can be found here: IFC_Terms_Reference
Committee Co-chairs: Wendy Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org & Deb Thomas email@example.com
Join the discussion!
Subscribe to our IFC listserv for news, events, and other announcements.
Intellectual Freedom Committee (IFC) new blog.