Welcome to The Intellectual Freedom Committee (IFC)!
Intellectual Freedom is the right to read, view, hear, express, and discuss any idea on any subject. The Committee works to uphold these principles in our libraries through:
- facilitating conversations about what intellectual freedom means to library workers in British Columbia
- publishing educational materials
- organizing conference sessions and workshops
- organizing and participating in public events to raise awareness of intellectual freedom issues
- supporting librarians, trustees and library staff facing individual challenges
Term of Reference
Please click here to find our terms of reference: IFC_Terms_Reference.pdf (bclaconnect.ca)
Committee Co-chairs: Wendy Wright, [email protected] & Deb Thomas, [email protected]
Join the discussion!
Subscribe to our IFC Forum for news, events, and other announcements.
Intellectual Freedom Committee (IFC) blog.
NOTE: We are currently simplifying our committee pages in anticipation of the change to community forums this fall. The forum will serve as a place for promoting events, sharing articles, and discussion.