Welcome to the Public Libraries Interest Group (PLIG)!
Vision: A connected, inclusive, and informed public library community.
Mission: Providing connection, information, and advocacy for BC’s public library community.
The BCLA Public Libraries Interest Group holds the same core values of BCLA:
- Access and Inclusion
- Intellectual Freedom
- Innovation and Creativity
- Literacy and Lifelong Learning
- Engage the public library community
- Be a platform for discussing and sharing issues, ideas and inspiration concerning public libraries
- Provide opportunities for community and relationship building
- Provide opportunities for professional development
- Increase group capacity
- Grow active participation in events and meetings
- Ensure inclusion across the province and across all public library staff positions
For information about PLIG please contact Co-Chair Heidi Schiller or Co-Chair Meghan Savage.
Membership: Members belong to the BC Library Association and will be drawn from the public library community at large, based on interest.
Executive members, April 2017-2018
Co-Chairs: Heidi Schiller & Meghan Savage
Vice Chair: Vicky Woo
Secretary: Sarah Felkar
Communications Officer: Kate Shuttleworth
- UBC Rep: Sara Ellis
- Langara Co-Reps: Sara Bercic & Alexandra Farolan