Welcome to the Public Libraries Interest Group (PLIG)!
A connected, inclusive, and informed public library community.
Providing connection, information, and advocacy for BC’s public library community. The BCLA Public Libraries Interest Group holds the same core values of BCLA:
- Access and Inclusion
- Intellectual Freedom
- Innovation and Creativity
- Literacy and Lifelong Learning
Engage the public library community:
- Be a platform for discussing and sharing issues, ideas and inspiration concerning public libraries
- Provide opportunities for community and relationship building
Provide opportunities for professional development
Increase group capacity:
- Grow active participation in events and meetings
- Ensure inclusion across the province and across all public library staff positions
Members belong to the BC Library Association and will be drawn from the public library community at large, based on interest.
- UBC Representative: Taking nominations
- Langara Representative: Taking nominations