Welcome to the Public Libraries Interest Group (PLIG)!
Please see our News and Events page for upcoming events and meetings.
A connected, inclusive, and informed public library community.
Providing connection, information, and advocacy for BC’s public library community.
The BCLA Public Libraries Interest Group holds the same core values of BCLA:
- Access and Inclusion
- Intellectual Freedom
- Innovation and Creativity
- Literacy and Lifelong Learning
- Engage the public library community
- Be a platform for discussing and sharing issues, ideas and inspiration concerning public libraries
- Provide opportunities for community and relationship building
- Provide opportunities for professional development
- Increase group capacity
- Grow active participation in events and meetings
- Ensure inclusion across the province and across all public library staff positions
For information about PLIG please contact Co-Chair Adam Farrell or Co-Chair Gillian Guilmant-Smith.
Members belong to the BC Library Association and will be drawn from the public library community at large, based on interest.
Executive members, April 2019-2020
Co-Chairs: Adam Farrell & Gillian Guilmant-Smith
Recording Secretary: Vicky Woo
Communications Officer: William Dereume
- UBC Representative: Taking nominations
- Langara Representative: Taking nominations
Contact the PLIG executive at firstname.lastname@example.org